We've come across the Wilson Line before [ 1 ] and these are the former offices of this once important shipping line. The company made its money shipping between Hull and Göteborg in Sweden. They carried many emigrants from Sweden and Norway to Hull as they headed to America. They had a monopoly on the trade and as always happens in these cases conditions for emigrants were hardly better than for cattle. [ 2 ] The Wilson Line was bought by Ellerman's in 1916 and the business eventually closed in the 1970's.
The building at the junction of Commercial Road and Kingston Street now houses a firm of architects. Below is the weather vane atop the building.