Wednesday 6 November 2013

Put a little sparkle in your life


It was Bonfire Night, Guy Fawkes Day or whatever you want to call it. Somehow, I don't quite know how to describe this, there seemed no enthusiasm for this ritual waste of money. I blame the last government's prissy stupid fireworks laws finally killing off a four hundred year tradition of stupidity and daftness that lead to many injuries and so on but there was a satisfying cleansing of the air. It's amazing what the smell of spent gunpowder can do to a neighbourhood. Now only those with money to burn can afford to celebrate a so-called terrorist's failure. Me, I've got a packet of sparklers from 2007 to burn...

2 comments:

  1. governments have a way of taking the fun out of pretty much anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss Penny for the Guy, a tradition that seems to have died out a decade ago. I hated it at the time, but as the song says, you don't know what you got till it's gone...

    ReplyDelete