Friday 24 July 2015

Penguin prison window


Anyhow here I am pointing the camera outside the biggest fish tank in the country (possibly in the world, who cares?) to capture these well known Hull landmarks in reflection. This place hires a man with a hawk to scare off the pigeons that have every right to be there (well just wait 'til the seagulls find out about that! That'll be one dead hawk!) while incarcerating penguins from the South Atlantic. What a bunch of humbugs!  Oh yeah this place has blocked my account on Twitter ... alors tant pis! Ou tant mieux!

Weekend reflections are here.

6 comments:

  1. We did the one in Birmingham and I came home rather disturbed about the conditions the penguins live in. I guess it's better than an outdoor concrete pool under midsummer blazing sun like some zoos have. But I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reflection, but then not the kind of place I'd want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same about the little penguin display our zoo had for a couple of months...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find zoos disturbing as well. Some say they're important for research, or to protect endangered species, and maybe a few of them are. But I think some museums actually contribute to endangerment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting reflection. At least they are in water. I saw a penguin being taken for a walk in a mall in Edmonton, Canada. Yes really! Part of a publicity stunt. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete