Sunday 26 March 2017

Ask a volunteer


If all this culture has your head in a spin and your can't tell  your Amy Johnson from a wind turbine or your Humber Dock from the Marina then look out for a kindly smiling face in a light blue jacket and they will put you right or so I'm told. The Year of Culture, despite its millions of pounds of sponsorship, is depending on the unpaid work and goodwill of hundreds of these hardy souls. I think they get to keep the jackets. No, I'm not a volunteer (go on pretend to be surprised!); light blue is so not my colour!



1 comment:

  1. I imagine some volunteers would get credit for school if they're doing that- I know it's done here in various capacities.

    We have people out in various spots through the summer who do the information bit, but that's a paid job through the government.

    ReplyDelete