Saturday 30 June 2012

The Wind Mill Hotel, Witham


Witham is a road that runs from the river to Holderness Road. I suppose at one time it was a prosperous place but now it's totally depressing. The main business apart from the large Council offices seems to be the used car trade with its attendant 'Arthur Daley' dealerships. Stuck on the end of Witham and looking a bit the worse for wear is the Wind Mill Hotel. It was built towards the end of 19th century as was much of this area. Its chief attraction is the fine tile work the surrounds the ground floor walls. It's a Grade 2 listed building and I have read that it's the best night out in Hull for the over 35s which I find difficult to credit.


1 comment:

  1. I suppose it's a matter of individual taste, but I prefer the old buildings. A town that's all new and shiny is of no interest. So it's nice to see this one's being used, for whatever purpose. That might save it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete