Friday 18 April 2014

Taking liberties


So I go to see that old tree as I always do when I'm around the Westwood and I found it surrounded by cars. There's usually a couple of cars parked here, people visiting the place and that's no problem but the other day I counted sixty or so cars on this stretch and I doubt there were sixteen people on the Westwood that afternoon. Clearly the place has become a 'free' car park for people working in the town. I could see there's damage to the road edge and footpath so this is going to cause trouble sooner or later. I read somewhere that cars spend over 90% of the time parked up and I guess they have to go somewhere but on the local beauty spot? Surely not. 

The Weekend in Black and White is here.

7 comments:

  1. You will have to set up a sign explaining that this is a car free area because of your photography project of the old tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great b&w composition!
    Lovely silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't much like cars, but that one has an interesting shape. Shame the tree is almost hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful old tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad that the old tree has some metallic competition. But the tree still peeks out with its own special beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, stately tree. It's a shame to see it surrounded by parked cars.

    ReplyDelete