Monday 1 June 2015

Stylish nonsense


As the winner of several design awards the Scale Lane bridge has many of the attributes of stylishness. It was hideously expensive, looks like someone's doodling made real and serves no useful purpose other than to amuse Hull's hardy tourists.
I noticed after I had taken this that the demolition of the Clarence flour mill in the background has begun, I was guilty of looking at the clouds and not at what was in front of my nose.

City Daily Photo's monthly theme is 'Stylish'

8 comments:

  1. love the photo, those clouds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have been distracted by the clouds also Billy, they are a wee bit biblical :) When the shot is enlarged the stylishness of the 'useless tourist attraction' :) becomes clearer. It does make for some lovely reflections though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this - fantastic clouds - never mind the building!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo is well worth a 'click' to enlarge. You just can't ignore those clouds - breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot in this image to take in

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, BB. Especially when embiggened. You could take ongoing images of this bridge and the mill, until the mill is no more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a remarkable photo, its darkness maybe reflecting your feelings about the place.

    ReplyDelete