Thursday 4 May 2017

A foreign country


I don't know what the protocol is with photoblogs regarding showing photos of photos; I did it before and no-one said anything so I'll try it again. So above we have the Princes dock as it was some time ago with trawlers parked up against Maurice Lipman's tailor shop (yes, that Lipman's dad). I have no idea who took it or when it was taken (1940s/50s early 60s even, someone will know)  and I do hope that lady crossed the road safely. The picture is on display in Zebedee's Yard as part of a memorial to lost trawler men, I'll show more tomorrow. Nowadays there's no road,  no trawlers and no tailor shop either. I think it's selling Apples (not the fruit). 


There were two other photographs on display so here they are to make the full set.


This is from what is now the Maritime Museum, that dinky little bridge in the distance is now Castle Street...


...and this is from the exit to the Albert Dock if I'm not mistaken.
(And I am mistaken; it's St Andrew's Dock!)

2 comments:

  1. I think since you've explained where they come from, and it's in context of a before and after, it's fair game. I've done that myself. I like the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see the past and present of that building in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete